8/24/09

Swelling Feet

It is almost bedtime now and I am sitting massaging my own feet to try to do something about this swelling. I talked to the doctor today who said that the swelling comes from my liver not functioning like it should. I am getting fitted for compression socks tomorrow. I will shower at night, then put these socks on before my feet touch the ground in the morning. They should keep the pressure and swelling down.

I'm going to have blood work done tomorrow and the doctor wants to check my protein as well.
My right side has really not been draining like it should over the past 48 hours, so I don't know what that will do to my numbers.

I also want to thank everyone who has been bringing in meals. I know I say we don't need it, but really, you don't even know what a huge help it is to me. Thank you, thank you! You're helping me so much.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We want to be on the meal list. With school starting, I know things are going to be a bit tougher! PLEASE...sign us up for a weekly meal. The girls and I would be more than happy to contribute. Also, Sheri I know Logan and Hadley are going to busy at CCHS, but Morgan only has 2 classes at the high school. She and I will gladly come help you with ANYTHING you need or want.

Love and Blessings,

The Howard Family

Purrell Family said...

Not sure if you have already tried a foot bath, we have one, it might not take away the swelling, but it might help ease the pain, it also massages your feet. I will give you a call tomorrow and get it out to you, if you would like to try it.

In addition, we would love to be on the meal list too. Cell # 217-9566.

Thinking of you daily,

The Purrells

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri, I have been waiting all day for someone on your blog to wish you a happy birthday just to make sure I got the date right and no one has, so I am just going to go ahead and say it anyway, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I hope it was a good one for you. With the kids now in school and some of your best helpers not there as much, you have tons of friends who would love to step up and pitch in, me included. Just holler.
XOPXOP, Lori

Unknown said...

I guess I failed to wish you "happy birthday". I assumed it hadn't happened yet because you had not mentioned it.

Hope you get some relief with the pressure socks.

Gentle hugs and kisses, Bob and Faye

Kristie Weddell said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad to hear that your pain is better, but that dang swelling can't be any fun either. Sheri, if Logan needs a place to go after school until practice starts I can pick her up and take her, because I have to get Kaycee anyway. Also if you need anything during the day I am available to help. Your probably enjoying the peace and quiet, and hating it at the same time, that is the way it is for me. I'll call you and we can chat. Anyway, I hope your Birthday is a great one. Love The Weddell's

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Happy Birthday Sheri!!! We are sending good birthday vibes your way :)