8/27/09

Chemo

I had a good chemo day, if there is such a thing. It was the 4 hour chemo, so it makes for a long day. I found out I gained some weight since last time, which I was really happy about. Sheryl took me today and stayed for a while, then right after she left to do errands, Alex came and stayed with me for the rest of the time. I also had a friend that I haven't seen in ages come to visit while I was there, so the time during chemo was enjoyable. Because my liver counts were good this time, I am able to have two nausea meds instead of one. We will see how I do, but if my body can handle it, the doctor would like me to have chemo again next week. After my previous chemos, I have still been recovering a week later, but maybe this time will be different.

I wore my compression socks today. It took me about 10 minutes to put each one on. They kept the swelling down, but my legs and feet are still sore. The doctor said my swelling was nothing and it can still get a lot worse. I didn't get home from Reno until about 6:00 tonight. I ate some, but I feel really bloated and it's hard to eat. I am going to lay down and elevate my feet and hopefully get some rest tonight. Thank you for your prayers.

4 comments:

Carolyn Greene said...

Enjoy the cleaners and get the rest you need! I wish I could do more than pray for you. You are a strong lady with an awesome family and great kids. Please know that there is a great many people praying for you.

Carolyn

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
Good liver counts, a few added pounds, visits from friends, strong enough for two nausea drugs and especially Alex with you, sounds like a successful "chemo day". We pray you bounce right back this week with little to no side effects this time. Enjoy your day. XOPXOP, Lori

Unknown said...

Sounds like You didn't need the party bunch!

Bob and I are going into Sparks today for the Tea Party(political rally against health care bill and reckless spending). We will then stay to meet the caravan going to DC to march at the capital. We will have a full day.

Glad to hear you gained some weight. It is about time you had some good news.

Gentle hugs and kisses, Bob and Faye

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear all the good news. You of all people deserve GREAT news. Hopefully your body will respond well to the chemo this time. Continued prayers for you and your wonderful family.
Love,
Erin