8/26/09

Bili Count!

I got the results from my blood work and my bili count was 5.3! That is the lowest it has been since my diagnosis. I hope it wasn't an error and it was really 15.3 or something. I think I'll check on that possibility. I was sure it would be higher because I hadn't been draining as well, but maybe I've had some internal draining going on too. This also means I am eligible for chemo tomorrow, so I'm going in tomorrow for another round. I'm not really looking for ward to it, I'd rather have a foot massage like yesterday.

I had a cleaning team come in today and it was surprisingly emotional for me. I have always cleaned my own house. I have enjoyed having it clean and I have been very diligent about my cleaning over the years. It's surprising what is hard for me in this journey, and watching someone else clean my house because I'm not able to do it myself made me feel a little helpless. However, the cleaning team will be coming every other week, so I told the kids we have to be neat and make it last until then. While they were cleaning, I had lunch and had a nice nap, and I woke up to a clean house, so it wasn't all bad!

6 comments:

The Youngs said...

Sheri! That's AWESOME news!!! :) I'm so glad that you can have another round of treatment. I hope and pray the side affects are minimal like last time. Thinking & praying for you and the family as always! Good luck tomorrow.

Love,
Corinne & Family

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
I had a feeling that you were going to surprise us with a low bili count this week. Good job!! I was thinking back with the last time you were dealing with a lot of foot-swelling and right after your bili count was really low too. Anyway, good luck tomorrow. I am kinda hoping that you have the "party crowd" there with you tomorrow.
XOPXOP, Lori

CherylV said...

Sheri,

You will get over the emotions of having someone else clean your house very quickly... I let go along time ago (haha!) It is so wonderful that your bili count is so low!

You are in our thoughts and prayers as always!

Mark, Cheryl, Allie and Sadie

Kristie Weddell said...

Don't worry you will be cleaning your house again real soon, because your chemo is going to help you, but in the mean time enjoy your clean house. Happy to hear about your bili count was so low. I'm with Lyle and Lori, praying for the party crowd. We will be thinking of you. Love The Weddell's

Unknown said...

I think I would love a house keeper! I don't think Sheryl would turn one down either. I think it would take some getting used to, even though I am a slob. Someone else cleaning my house might be a little wierd?

Was wondering if you get the one hour treatment today. The party crowd would be nice. Hey, start your own party!

I keep thinking I will have a call from Glen and Sue saying they will be here soon, but no word yet.

Gentle hugs and kisses, Bob and Faye

Purrell Family said...

Wow, that is wonderful news! Funny how we get attached to crazy things. My family teases me because I won't let anyone else clean the kitchen, (of course, they love that), but when I had surgery I had to let go. So relax and enjoy it...because you will soon be back doing again:))

See you soon,

Vickie