8/18/09

Less Pain...Finally!

Today has been better with the pain. I'm not sure, maybe the pain is the same, but at least I have been able to manage it better with my meds. After talking with the home health nurse, I got the go-ahead to increase my dosage of my pain medication. It was encouraging to talk to her. I thought that the pain was because I have cancer and it's getting worse, but she said I shouldn't have pain that is so bad that I can't move, and that if it gets that bad, there are things I can do about it. It was nice to have things not getting worse at least today.

Today our family celebrates Logan's birthday. Alex helped me out with some birthday shopping and a few of Logan's friends planned a lunch for her. Logan has been my constant companion this summer. She has stepped up to do anything that needs to be done here, taking on way more responsibility than I ever wanted to give her. It's hard to believe she is fifteen!

7 comments:

Lyle and Lori said...

Kids sure are amazing! You have some of the best. I am glad your day was better and the pain less. XOPXOP, Love, Lori

The Oney's said...

You do have great kids! Happy Birthday to Logan. It's good to hear that you are getting some help with managing the pain. I hope you have a good day today. Love Shellie

the Corkills said...

I am so happy that you had a better day yesterday. That is great news. Happy Birthday, Logan and thanks to you for taking such good care of your Mom. I am sure it eases her mind to know what great kids she has raised and how much help you are. Hope today is pain free.
Love, the Corkills

Pinder Pack said...

Hi Sheri: We have finally arrived in Nebraska to drop Kate off at college so I just am catching up on your blog. Glad to read you were able to be a part of Alex moving into her apartment. It doesn't seem so long ago that Kate and Alex met at the welcome night in kindergarten and now here we are dropping them off in college. So happy and so sad all at once.
I hope your pain dissipates very soon. We continue to pray for you all the way from Nebraska! Take care. Denice

Hanna said...

So glad you are feeling a little better! And Happy Birthday Logan! You are such a sweetheart!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Logan. Hard to believe you are already 15. Don't forget to enjoy these last years of high school.

Sheri, glad your pain has eased. I think you need some of my fat for padding. I wish you would hurry up and get it!

Gentle hugs & kisses, Bob and Faye

frenchyandcarol said...

HOORAY!!!!!
Hope it keeps up at least you can manage the pain somedays. You and Daivd are raising some really great kids [ alex is one of the very few who slow down when going dowe the road and does't throw rocks and sand all over the place. thank her for us. your courage and strength are wonderful. Bless You and all the family.love and prayers frenchy and carol