8/17/09

Increasing Pain

How can it be that this pain keeps getting worse? Every day since it started, the pain seems so bad, but it still continues to get worse. I am on the maximum dose of my pain medication, yet the pain continues to increase and spread. It is like a burning in my back that won't go away with medication and whether I stand, sit, or lay, I can't get seem to get any relief from it. David rubbed my back for a while tonight which helped, but otherwise, I can't find any combination of patches, pillows, or positions that make it any better. It is really discouraging. I didn't have blood work done today. There is no way I could get in the car even to get to the hospital. I feel like I can hardly move. I don't know what the next step is for pain management, but for now, I am just trying to get by.

6 comments:

Purrell Family said...

Sheri-
I wish I could give you some advice that would help ease this pain!! You continue to demonstrate an amazing amount of courage, but like Jody said in past notes...let it out you have earned it. I know we have said this before, but we are here for you and think of you daily...please let Julie know if there is anything we can do.

Love,

The Purrells

the Corkills said...

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain and I wish that none of this had ever happened to you. I wish they could give you something that would give you some relief for a few days. Maybe today will be a better day.
Love, the Corkills

Anonymous said...

There are no words to express the sadness I feel for you. When I think of you in so much pain I just close my eyes and pray for relief. Thank you so much for letting us all be a part of your story. On a different note. . . I still can't believe Alex and Kenny will be in college soon. Where does the time go? You are an amazing mother and she is a spectacular young lady. Stay strong.
Love,
Erin

Rhonda said...

Dear Sheri, I echo what the others have said, I am so sorry that you are experiencing such pain. I wish there was something I could do. Your strength is amazing and an example to all of us. We are here to help in anyway we can, please just let someone let us know what we can do. We love you and will keep on praying.
Rhonda and Family

Heidi said...

Sheri, I know there are other pain meds that they can give you (I think my mom tried just about everything...)and in higher doses. Please talk with Dr. Abrass asap and get some relief. I am praying for you every day. LIVESTRONG!

Heidi

Kerry Barber said...

Sheri,
Have you tried heat? If it helps I can make you a rice heating pad you heat up in the microwave. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. Praying for a good nights rest-pain free.
Love,
Kerry