8/17/09

Moving Day

I still have the pain, and it has moved some to my right side. I accidentally slept 3 1/2 hours past the time to take my pain medication one day and I could really tell that I missed it. Even with the pain meds, I still have the pain, but the medication makes it much more bearable.

I was able to go to Reno on Saturday. I rested at my mom's house while my family helped Alex move into her new apartment in Sparks. Then I was able to go see where she and her friends are living. It is a nice apartment, it looks a lot nicer than what you'd imagine for a college freshman, but she has a great situation with her friends there. Her things were all unpacked and it looks really nice. I was even able to walk up the stairs by myself, although I had about 18 people standing closely nearby just in case! I was so glad to see where she is living. I had really been dreading the day when she would leave home. She's got a lot in front of her with starting college, and I'm not physically able to give her the kind of support I'd like to, but I can see that she has grown up a lot and she is ready.

6 comments:

Kristie Weddell said...

Well I'm really glad to see that you were able to go see where Alex was staying. I know you have been dreading this day for a long time, so I'm sure you feel better knowing where she's staying, and what it looks like. I'm so sorry to hear that you are still having that terrible pain. I wish there was something we could all do for you. Good job on tackling those stairs. We love you, try to hang in there. The Weddell's

Sam Hubbard said...

It's a sad thing having your children leave home. You know how I feel about it!! At least she is just in Reno. That's a good thing! If you need to chat, call! Shelly

Lyle and Lori said...

Hey Sheri,
Our family followed your blog while we were on vacation. Dittos to Jody's comment. She said what we've all thought a time or two but didn't want to say it out loud. And now that we've got it out of our systems, we're back to giving you all the support and encouragement we can.
I remember sending my kids off to school and driving away with a tear or two in my eyes, knowing they were going to be totally fine but sad to see them grow up and move ahead. Alex is a great girl and I am sure she is going to miss all the immenties of living at home (meals, cleaning, laundry), but she will grow and mature and you will enjoy watching the process. We pray for a good week ahead with maybe some chemo and relief from the new pain you're feeling. Always in our prayers.
XOPXOP, Lyle, Lori, Ali & Emily
P.S.-Happy Birthday Logan,(tomorrow)

The Oney's said...

Hi there, Well the time has come for the first babe to leave the nest! I know thats gotta be tough(not looking forward to it) Seeing her apartment and knowing that she is safe and with good friends will make you feel better. She is close to home and will be home to visit often. I wish I could absorb some of the pain you are dealing with but since we can't do that we will continue to hope and pray for pain-free happy days with your family. Stay strong Sheri, Love the Oney's

Unknown said...

Oh how I dread the day Morgan goes to college...just thinking about it makes my heart heavy! The worst part is I know it will be here before I know it! Alex is so blessed to have such a loving family and it is fantastic she is only an hour away!
I am so sorry you are still having pain. We pray for you daily and wish there was something else we could do.
Love and Blessings,
The Howard Family

frenchyandcarol said...

Sheri
so glad you were able to see were alex will be living, then you can picture in your mind when you talk to her. are little ones do grow up , some for what ever reason, faster than others. i pray that today your pain is less than yesterday.
love you
carol and frenchy