7/1/09

Home Again

I had a good night last night, one of the best in a while. They took my blood early this morning for another bili count and it was a 7.0 today!! That is the lowest it's been since my diagnosis, so we were all really happy about that.

I am still in some pain today and I don't have much of an appetite. But medically, things are going well and we were discharged from the hospital. Hadley picked us up at the airport and we came home to a clean house and I was even able to get a little nap.

As of right now, the doctor's plan is to start me on chemo next week. They suspect this drainage is as good as it's going to get and they say I can handle some treatment. I don't have any specifics yet. I have an appointment next week, so I plan to just eat, drain, and rest up for my treatments.

Thank you for the prayers, I'm convinced this is an answer to many specific prayers on my behalf and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

8 comments:

Clint and Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clint and Lori said...

Way cool. We are soooo excited. Keep that bili coming down and we'll keep praying. David call Clint (ha ha!)
Love ya guys,
Clint, Lori, and Kids

Tony and Terry said...

That is great news, sounds like you are on your way. We are so happy that you get to start treatment. Have a very restful and peaceful week-end.
Tony & Terry

Anonymous said...

What incredible news! The power of prayer is always truly amazing! Rest and regroup and we will keep praying.
Love and Friendship,
Neil and Tracy

The Draper Family said...

Awesome! We'll keep praying and you work on your strength. I know that bili-count will continue to drop.

Stay strong my friend,
Kris

Lyle and Lori said...

What great news! Do all that you have to, to build up your strength for the next phase of this journey. You rock!!
XOPXOP,
Lyle & Lori

nicki said...

Great News! I am glad that you and David are back home safe and sound! You guys have 3 wonderful kids too! =)

Nicki & The Vance Crew

vfowler said...

That is great news... It will be so good to get the treatments started. Rest up this weekend sounds like you have a big week ahead.
The Fower's