7/20/09

Blood Work

My bili count was a 12.3 today. That is down slightly from last week, but still higher than it's been for a while. Tomorrow I will talk to Dr. Abrass to see what he thinks, but I'm pretty sure this means no chemo this week. I have been draining a lot of fluid since my last chemo, and I'd hoped it would result in a lower bili count. It's very frustrating to see that count so high when I want it going the other direction so I can have more treatments.

Physically, I have felt pretty good today. I had a nice nap and I have been trying to eat. I drank 1 1/2 Ensures and David suggested I eat as many cookies as I can, but I could only get down one. Normally, I would have no problem eating a bunch, but it is just really hard now. I am taking my pain meds every four hours now. I have been sporadic about taking them. I take them, then it feels like I'd be fine without them so I go off them, but then I have the pain again and I realize I still need them. So now I am writing down when I take them so I can consistently take them every four hours.

Thank you for the prayers and supportive comments, cards and calls. I appreciate knowing so many people are in my corner!

4 comments:

Kristie Weddell said...

We are in you corner, that is for sure. Hopefully Dr. Abrass will give you some good news tomorrow. We are glad that you are feeling better. If your draining alot maybe it will keep coming down and he will let you have treatment. Keep napping and eating for strength. Love The Weddell's

Anonymous said...

Sheri~
You are so right to be writing everything down~it doesn't help to "chase the pain". Keep taking the meds, eat and sleep as much as you can and let us know if you need anything! Our prayers are with you daily.
Love and Blessings,
Tracy and Neil

Unknown said...

We think of you often and you are in our prayers. We had a nice trip with Sheryl yesterday. The weather was just right at Bodie.

We love you and your family. Bob and Faye

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
We hope that Dr. Abrass has some positive news for you today. You remain in our daily prayers. Just a little bit on info to take your mind off of things there, Derek and Tristin are in the hospital and we are expecting a call from them in the next couple of hours. Our little granddaughter should be here shortly. We'll keep you posted as we check your blog today. Rest, relax and eat as much as you can. XOPXO, Lori