7/21/09

Another day...

I did not hear from the doctor today, but I am pretty sure there is no chemo for me this week. I'll know tomorrow for sure. Home Health is coming tomorrow afternoon to assess my needs. There may be things they can do to help with my bili bags and other medical concerns.

I have felt pretty good today, except for a bit more stomach pain. I have a pain patch that releases pain killers, plus the pain meds that I take on schedule. The pain patch wasn't laying flat on my skin for a few days and it actually came off today. I wasn't sure up until now if it was doing anything, but I'm here to tell you that it does. I am trying to eat, but it's hard. I can't really explain it, and I have had many offers from people who are willing to do some of the eating for me -- if only I could take them up on it! Food just doesn't taste good to me. It's not so much that eating makes me sick, but I have this metally taste in my mouth and it's hard to get food down.

There is not a lot going on for me today, I had my "normal" morning routine, which includes a short nap, but I didn't have an afternoon nap today. I hope that means I will sleep well tonight.

3 comments:

frenchyandcarol said...

Sheri
from what i have heard from other people, that is a problem, the metal taste. trying to eat, but you just got to force yourself. easier said than done, huh. after you hear that you could probley shove your food in my face.your a neat and strong lady, i think and pray all the time for your comfort and sense of humor. love and bunches of good wishes and prayers
frenchy and carol

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
Here's hoping Dr. Abrass calls today with some good news. I thought I would share some of our good news and that maybe it will brighten your day a little. Derek and Tristin's little girls was born yesterday at 4:20 p.m. She had to have a c-section but all went well. They named her Raegan with no middle name. She weighed
7'11" and was twenty inches long. Elaine and Mont actually made it in time and I am anxious to go and see her. We'll head down on Aug 7 when Derek finishes this year of school. How's the hair? I was trying to think of a positive thing about not being able to have treatment and I came up with the thought that "you'll have good hair days for a little longer." Thinking and praying for you often.
XOPXOP, Lyle, Lori, & girls

Unknown said...

I was thinking that one of the reasons you like lemonade is because it kills the metal taste?
I have been checking your blogs, but couldn't figure out how to send a note to you. Now I will be bugging you. Bob and I are heading to Oregon Friday and will be back Mon or Tues. We will be thinking of you. Lots of Gentle Hugs and kisses for our favorite girl. Bob and Faye