7/18/09

Still Recovering

Thursday night, after my drive home from Reno, I was still feeling a little sick from the chemo the week before. I went to a lot of effort to get extra calories that day, but I lost them that evening with lingering sickness. So it was a good call not to have another chemo that day since I was still sick from the first one. I think it's safe to say that now I am over the chemo sickness.

Friday my parents came to Fallon for a visit. Logan helped me get ready and we enjoyed having them here. I felt pretty good most of the time, but I was weak and had to lay down a lot, so we had to do some of our visiting in my room while I was laying down. They stayed over night and this morning my mom worked in my flower beds and my dad sat with me on the porch. We took a little drive into town. It felt nice just to be out. I have not had any more throwing up, but I have no energy. I'm not sleepy like I was and I don't have the aching in my stomach like I was having, so I take that as a sign of improvement.

Today our family celebrates David's birthday. Of course I don't have anything big planned, but I would like him to know how much we love him and what an anchor he is in our family. There have been many prayers offered on my behalf, but I couldn't get through this without David being with me every step of the way. We love his strength (not just his physical strength, but we appreciate that too!), his wisdom, and his optimistic, upbeat disposition. To celebrate, some friends came to town and they went to get pizza and we'll have cake later tonight. It's not our typical birthday celebration, but I didn't want the day to pass without acknowledging how wonderful he is and how thankful we are for him.

5 comments:

The Draper Family said...

Happy birthday David! Sheri, you are very blessed to have him. He's always been a rock. I'm so glad that you are feeling better and that you were able to spend time with your parents. We'll pray for your continued strength.

Hugs,
Kris

Tony and Terry said...

Sounds like you had a great day, getting to spend it with your family and getting to enjoy having your parents come to visit. Thats wonderful news that you didn't have to feel sick today and hoping that you got to enjoy some of that pizza and birthday cake.
Happy birthday Dr.Faught
Tony & Terry

Purrell Family said...

Happy Birthday David!

Sheri-Just an FYI-I was reading Sara Swenson's update. Recently she found tootsie pops have helped her with the nausea..thought we would pass this on.

We are thinking of you daily.

Love,
The Purrells

The Coon Clan said...

Mom says that anything peppermint would help the nausea.
Candy Cane swirled in water helps, too.

Happy birthday, David!

The Oney's said...

Sheri, We hope this week finds you feeling much better and your bili count on its way down so you can get srarted with your treatment again. Glad you had a good weekend with your family and celebrating David's birthday. Thinking of you always, Love the Oney's