7/14/09

Long Night

I guess I am ready to get the sickness behind me, and I thought I was done with it before it was completely out of my system. I did not get any sleep last night because I was so nauseous. I spent the whole night trying not to move too much because I was sure I would vomit. I just waited for morning to come and when daylight finally arrived, David made me some cereal and half of an english muffin. That meal lasted about 10 minutes before it came back up. I went back to sleep, then got up to shower and I felt o.k. the rest of the day, but I was tired from missing the whole night's sleep.

I took a good nap in the afternoon, but I kept dreaming about lemonade for the longest time. When I woke up, I really wanted some good lemonade and I was about to call David to have him run by Sonic. Right then, my neighbor Mary Ann called to ask me if I'd like some of the Brazillian lemonade she just made!! She brought over the hugest glass of that, and I thought I'd never drink it all, but I did and it was delicious. What a well-timed surprise for me! It was delicious, made with sweetened condensed milk and limes that you blend and run through a cheesecloth. Maybe I should post a recipe!

I hope that now I can say that I am over the sickness. I really want to recuperate enough for another treatment on Thursday. I could get to my appointment and if my blood counts are not normal, they would just have to send me home. That would be a real bummer! My appointment on Thursday is for one hour of chemo, as opposed to the four hour chemo I had last week. I'm not sure what the difference will be, but I'll let you know when I find out.

4 comments:

CherylV said...

Now we are all craving lemonade, Mary Ann we need your recipe! Hope you have a good night tonight and a relaxing day tomorrow. Thank goodness it is only one hour of chemo, althougth you might want to stay longer in the comfy chair!

Love,
The Venturacci's

The Draper Family said...

I hope you sleep tight tonight and have a peaceful rest. We're rooting for you!

Love,
Kris

Anonymous said...

Sheri~
I am so sorry you are feeling poorly. I wish there was some way to make it all better. But as a sign in town says, (and I am paraphrasing) "God did not promise calm skies, only a safe landing." You WILL get through this. Hang in there, girl! Take care and rest.
Love and friendship,
Neil and Tracy

frenchyandcarol said...

Have been keeping up on your post and i too wish there was just some little thing we could do to make you feel better or a big thing. got a messg from jody on facebook was nice to hear from her. you are for sure one of the strongest ladies. keep your faith strong. remember God is holding you in the palm of his hand
love and many prayers
frenchy and carol