7/3/09

Life is Good

I am so happy to report that I have had another quiet day. I slept well and the pain in my ribs is getting better. I spent a little time outside today watering my flowers. I have been eating better and enjoying some food and my high-calorie drinks. I have one little situation however; when I stand up my feet swell up like balloons. It is the weirdest thing, it only takes about five minutes of being on my feet before they start swelling. It is just my feet, from the ankles down. If anyone has any suggestions for me (besides staying off my feet and putting my feet up, which is what I'm doing) I'd love to have you "comment" me about it.

The right side of my liver is draining like crazy. I had a bag half full, emptied it, and within 30 minutes, it was a quarter full again! For those of you who don't know the average rate of liver drainage, that is really fast compared to what I have been doing over the past few weeks. I don't have another bili count until Wednesday, and I'm anxious to see what it is.

I am so happy to be home and to have such wonderful people supporting my family and me in this illness. Thank you and have a wonderful 4th of July!

8 comments:

the Corkills said...

Sheri,
It is so great to hear all the good news. I wish I could help you with the swollen ankles but I don't have a clue. It sounds like with all the drainage from your liver that your bili count is going to be great Wednesday. I will keep my fingers crossed. Stay strong.
Love the Corkills

Clint and Lori said...

Sheri,
Great to hear about your great day, and we're glad your liver is drain better now. If you hear anything about your swelling in the ankles, let us know - Clint has the same problem with his belly.

Tony and Terry said...

Great news about the drainage for sure, that has to be wonderful for the bili count. About the swollen feet- are the new drinks full of sodium?? since this is a new thing so are the swollen feet- just an idea!!

Tony & Terry

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear about your relaxing and "normal" day! I really do think that the third stent was the ticket as well as all the prayers and fasting on your behalf. Our prayers continue for you as you wake to enjoy a new day.
Blessings and Friendship,
Neil and Tracy

CherylV said...

Sheri,

Yahoo! This is the greatest news! We are hopeful that Wednesday is going to bring even more good results! Talk to you very soon!
Love,
The Venturacci's

The Youngs said...

Sherry, it sounds like you are doing better! I hope and pray that things continue along this path. I can't wait to hear word of your next bili count. As far as your feet swelling... No idea! I read somewhere once that sitting for long periods of time & then getting up to move around can cause this. Just a thought. Anyway, hope you have a Happy 4th! :) Thinking of you & praying for you always!

Love,
Corinne

Kristie Weddell said...

Hope you guys have a happy 4th of July. Ecstatic about the great news. Glad you are feeling, and eating better. Also curious about your bili ruben. Maybe the swelling is from poor circulation, not moving around like your used to doing, because you are usually on the go. Anyway keep the good news coming. Love, The Weddell's

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheri,
I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. It is just GREAT. About the feet swelling. . . They make a special medical stocking to reduce swelling after surgery. Maybe that would help. Thank you for letting us all be part of your process.
Love,
Erin