7/31/09

Another Trip to San Francisco

Tuesday night, the right side of my liver completely stopped draining. We called the hospital Wednesday. David changed the bags …but that didn’t work. We called the hospital again and they gave me an appointment for 11am Friday in San Francisco.

David and I made the trip early this morning. Now I have all new tubes inside. I’m getting pretty used to this particular procedure. There are the expected aches and pains, but overall I’m doing ok. I’ve been living on water and ice chips and now have the ok to eat…so David is off to find me a BLT. I hope it tastes good. I will be staying the night here so the medical staff can keep an eye on me, but should be able to go home tomorrow. David will be staying here at the hospital with me. I’m eyeing the small chair in the corner of the room hoping that it makes into a bed or something.

Hopefully this will fix the problem and my bili count will start dropping. If this is the case, I will be able to start chemo again next week. It seems like chemo isn’t a pleasant thing to pray for, but that’s the goal now.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Praying that this makes the bili count go down! LIVESTRONG!

Anonymous said...

Sheri~
I am so sorry to hear about yet another trial on your journey to recovery. I will continue to pray for strength and healing for you.
Love and Blessings,
Tracy

Carolyn Greene said...

Sherri,

I keep praying for that Bili count to drop. Glad David is able to be with you!

Carolyn

Claudia said...

Sheri,
The YW are fasting and praying for you tomorrow. There is so much youthful beauty and hopeful humility in that group, Heavenly Father is sure to hear those prayers. Maybe this new procedure will squash the bili into the basement.
Love, Claudia and 3rd Ward YW

Clint and Lori said...

Sheri,
Our family will be fasting for you tomorrow also. We pray your bili count comes down so you can continue your treatment. We all send our love to you, David, and the kids.
Love,
Clint, Lori, Clinton, and Ashley