7/6/09

Bili Count

I felt a lot better today and I was not in so much pain. I talked to Dr. Abrass today. He has been on vacation, so he asked how the new drains were working. When I told him my how my bili count dropped from 10.8 to 8.0 to 7.1, and that these new drains are still draining, he told me to get in to the lab to have my count checked! I have been so curious to find out what it is, because I'm sure it has dropped. I arrived a little after 2:00, but it was busy and by the time I got my blood drawn, it was about 3:00. I often get the results the same day, but the lab closed at 7:00 p.m. and I still had no word about my count. So I will anxiously wait until morning and hopefully hear what it is early in the day. As soon as I find out, I'll post it here.

Dr. Abrass also said that I will have another count check on Wednesday and that I will start chemo on Thursday! I've been wanting to start treatment, but now that I have a day to start, I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm not really sure what to expect. If I knew what was coming, I don't know if that would make it better or worse, so maybe ignorance really is bliss. I have a million questions about all the details, but not a lot of answers yet. I know I need the treatment and I'm glad to finally be starting with something to make this better.

4 comments:

The Draper Family said...

Sheri,
I'm positive tomorrow morning will bring great news! I'm with you, in this instance "ignorance is bliss". I'm so grateful that it's finally time to start treatment. I'll be praying for your strength, comfort, and that you can keep your positive spirit while going through your treatments. You are constantly on my mind, stay strong.

Lots of love,
Kris

Carolyn Greene said...

Sherri,

Congratulations on starting treatment. You have been incredibly positive so far so I know you will do well starting chemo. I pray for you daily.

Carolyn

Heidi said...

"God has not ceased to be a God of miracles." Mormon 9:15

Praying for continued miracles for you as you start chemo.

LIVESTRONG!

Anonymous said...

Sheri~
I'm so happy to hear that you are moving forward with your treatment! Your strength and positive attitude are absolutely amazing! Keep the faith...
Blessings and Friendship,
Neil and Tracy