7/24/09

Improving

Today has been a big improvement over yesterday. I was sick with thrush yesterday. It was coming on Wednesday, but I didn't notice the symptoms. It was causing a bad taste in my mouth and making my throat so dry. I even got a vitamin painfully lodged in my throat because it was so dry. It took forever to get it down, and finally after drinking lots of water and massaging my throat it went down. It was painful! My mom was at my house yesterday and I felt so bad that I couldn't get out of bed, not even to eat. The Home Health nurse (She is so nice!) called to check on me and when I told her my situation, she suggested some things to help. She called the doctor and got me a prescription that has really helped me. I feel so much better today. I am able to eat and drink and get up, so that's a big improvement.

One other improvement for my surroundings was that when my mom came, she brought me new sheets for my bed. They feel really nice, but the best part is that they are not yellow. My other ones are a mustard color that I liked until I got sick. With my jaundice, it's just not a good color for me. These new ones are cream colored and they are great.

2 comments:

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
Good news about the medicine. Anything to help you get all those calories you need. If it helps and you're able to get up more, I might bring out that walker and maybe a few pix of our new granddaughter, Raegan, to share. And there's nothing like new, soft, comfy sheets, and in a new color too! Enjoy them. You're in our daily thoughts and prayers.
XOPXOP, Lori

The Youngs said...

Maybe that medicine will help you want to eat more now that it gets rid of that nasty taste in your mouth. And YAY for new sheets! :) Anything new is always a plus, especially in your own home. Still thinking of you & praying for you to get well enough for more chemo. Not that we wish the nasty side affects on you, but we want you getting better! Miss seeing you.

Love,
Corinne & Family

PS... Caylee is FINALLY pretty much potty trained! YAY! We thought it would never come. :)