7/22/09

No Chemo This Week

As expected, I will have no chemo this week. The doctor said to rest and eat up and let's hope my bili comes down. There is some high-calorie fluid they can give me to help me gain some weight, but the doctor said it has to go through my nose, to which I said, "No, thank you, I'll just eat more." I have a lot of tubes right now, but I sure don't need one going in my nose if I can avoid it. My doctor agrees, eating more is the way for me to go right now.

Home Health Care came out this afternoon. They checked my bili bags and helped me change my bandages. It was nice to have them come to my home and they will come back next week. We had Chinese food last night that I had for lunch today. I ate what seems like a lot to me right now and it tasted good. Logan made me a milkshake with protein powder in it and I had it finished in a matter of minutes. I had a good day with a few visitors and no naps, so I am looking forward to sleeping well tonight. My next appointment is to get my blood tests done early next week. Until then, I'm just eating, resting and draining.

5 comments:

Pinder Pack said...

Sheri: Thanks for the updates. Glad you are eating and hopefully you had a good nights sleep last night. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Denice

Brenda said...

Sheri - - Everyday I look forward to reading about the progress you have made and it never seems to amaze me the strength you have. I would agree that tubes in the nose are not comfortable. I was so happy to read about your wonderful day yesterday. It seems as though you are feeling better maybe the first chemo treatment is finally out of your system. I hope you have several good days before your next set of blood tests. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. I live so close and it would never be a bother to just run by if you needed something. EAT EAT EAT and take care…. Thinking of you and wishing you well . . . Brenda Ogden

Arva said...

Sheri, you are so amazing. Just stay strong. Have you tried some cheesecake. It is calorie dense. We are praying for you. Arva, Heidi's aunt.

nicki said...

Sheri,

Glad you got to enjoy a homemade milkshake made by Logan! Maybe the blended foods are easier for you to take in. You could get really creative and do fruit smoothies with yogurt, Ensure with bananas, and all kinds of yummy things. Stay strong and we look forward to your next posts!

Love,
Nicki & The Vance’s

frenchyandcarol said...

Sheri
You and Colby, DeAnn youngest, he is now two, have something in common. they had to put a shunt in his head when he was seven days old. drains fluid from his head. hid daddy calls it, his brain drain. you sound good. i don't blame you about the nose uck. for now but later if you have, you have to.keep on eating, resting draing.iots and lots of hugs and prayer. love ya frenchy and carol