6/25/09

Waiting...or Not?

I had my appointment with Dr. Abrass today. He worried the trip had been unnecessary since my bilirubin levels were too high and there is really nothing he can do yet. That left David and I with the question of “What do we do now?” He advised us that I just have to wait. He wanted me to see how things went over the next 3 weeks then call the center in San Francisco. “Wait” was really not what we wanted to hear. He did prescribe the pain patch so I hope that helps me get more comfortable.

We made the trip home pondering the immediate future. Just as we pulled into the garage, I got a call from San Francisco. They had weighed the risks of more procedures against waiting to see if the bilirubin levels will eventually come down. Dr. Warren now recommends action. Despite the high possibility of complications and the pain involved, they want to put in a third stent on Monday. I would be able to come home again on Tuesday if all goes well. I will get a call tomorrow to let me know what time they want me there on Monday.

David and I are now balancing the positives and negatives of proceeding down this path. We have some sincere praying to do and major decisions to make over the weekend.

4 comments:

Grandma Whitaker said...

sheri,
I hope that you feel the arms of God encircled around you. I'm praying for you. I believe in miracles.
Love to you and your family,
Diane whitaker

dana b. said...

Sheri,
I wonder if you have any idea how loved you are? I am sitting HERE wishing I was THERE, with you. I am wishing I had a magic wand RIGHT now. I would solve all your problems in as much time as it takes to say bippity boppity boo! So many are praying for you and pulling for you. Heavenly Father knows you and loves you. I know He's on your side too. You might even hear Him whisper to your heart that everything is going to be alright. He's going to take care of you. You can trust in His plan for you.
Lots and lots of love, Dana

Anonymous said...

Sheri and family,
My eyes well up with tears each time I log on to read your updates. Your strength and faith are incredible. Please know that we are praying for you each day and asking that God place his healing hands upon you. Keep the faith.
Love and Blessings,
Neil and Tracy

Glen and Sue said...

Sheri,
Tough decisions I know, but you have the saviors love, and the holy ghost to guide you. You guys are going to make the best decision with that guideiance( didn't spell that right but you know what I mean). we are praying and fasting for you here. and of course you have all our love.
Love, glen and sue