6/10/09

Lower Count (but not low enough yet)

I went in for my biliruben count today. I told them I was sure it had gone up because I'm as yellow as a lemon, but it was an 8.8, which is down a full point from last week. I have felt good today. Yesterday was rough because I felt nauseous most of the day. I took my nasusea meds twice, and stayed down because I felt like I would vomit, which would not be a good thing for me.

Dr. Abrass called today to see how I've been doing and I asked him when I can start a low-dose chemo. He said that he and Dr. Coe (the SF oncologist) are in agreement that I cannot start even a low-dose chemo until my bili count is down to a 4. He also wants to see what Dr. Warren (the SF liver surgeon) says on Wednesday before we do anything. He reassures me that Dr. Warren can do amazing things. I reminded him that I am like a time bomb ticking and I want to start treatment. He is aware of this, but I still can't start yet.

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for the many people who are praying for me and helping me and my family get through this. Thank you all - it means so much to me!!!

1 comment:

Purrell Family said...

We are glad to hear your count went down. As others have said, "You are amazing and strong"! Please let Julie know if there is anything we can do!