6/29/09

Today's Surgery

First, may I say that the airplane travel to Oakland is the way to go! Soon after we got settled into our cushy leather seats, I told David I thought we were flying kind of low. He said we were landing. It only took about 35 minutes! We felt like we were in very good hands with the Freys. It was so much nicer than driving. We had a Lincoln Continental waiting for us and no traffic, so we actually arrived at the hospital early.

My bili count was 10.1 before the surgery this morning. I went in to surgery at 11:00. I now have three drains instead of two, one on my right side and two on my left side. The new one on the left side is a little sore and cramping but the others feel good with no pain. These new drains have little holes on the inside to help them drain better. They will check these in the morning and see how they are working. If they are not draining very much by morning, they may go back in and make an adjustment. David was watching and thought the old drain was draining a lot, but we'll see what my bili count is tomorrow.

I arrived in my room at 1:50, after just 40 minutes in recovery, where I promptly went to sleep until 5:00. When I woke up I was hungry. They brought me some unidentifiable dinner, but David went out and found some pasta for me that was really good. The hospital brought me some Enlive juices that are 250 calories each that I am going to try to find at home. So now I just wait until 4:30 a.m.when they will come check my bili count.

We really want to thank everyone for fasting and praying for us. This surgery went as well or better than the doctors hoped. David especially feels that one direct blessing from the fasting was that the recovery was not as long or painful as we expected. Thank you so much for helping us through this ordeal and supporting us with your love, fasting, and prayers.

10 comments:

Purrell Family said...

So glad to hear the surgery went well! You have been in our thoughts daily. We will continue to pray for your bili count to come down. We wish you a restful night.

Love,

The Purrells

Lyle and Lori said...

Wow!!! Great flight, quick flight, successful surgery, nice nap, good appetite. We are so thrilled with the news. Positive thoughts your way for a lower bili count in the early morning and hopefully a quick trip home soon.
XOPXOP,(P stands for prayers)
Lyle & Lori

The Draper Family said...

I'm so thankful that your surgery went well, we'll pray tonight that your billi count drops significantly. I hope your night is restful and that your morning is filled with new blessings!

Hugs,
Kris

Leslie Brown said...

Prayer works! You are so loved by so many people and are constantly in our prayers. Take care. Love Leslie Brown

The Evett Fam said...

We're so happy that things went well this morning. We will continue to pray for a low bili count in the morning. Rest well and eat lots.

Love,
The Evett's

Tony and Terry said...

Wow that is Great Great news. Isn't it just AMAZING- the power of prayer it is such a comfort. Your update was filled with such great news I didn't want to stop reading it. That was a good sign of waking up hungry. Well we will pray for a low bili count by morning. God Bless and we hope you get a good nights rest
Tony & Terry

Anonymous said...

Sheri and David~
We are so pleased to hear that your surgery today went better than expected. We will continue to pray for a good night's rest, a lower bili count and an uneventful trip home. God's blessings your way!
Love and friendship,
Neil and Tracy

The Oney's said...

I hope you had a good night with lots of rest. So glad the surgery went well. I found some Enlive juice and it should be at your house within 2 days. I'm sure this will be a nice change from the regular Ensure. We are thinking about you continually and hoping for a quick,comfortable trip home soon. Love The Oney's

nicki said...

Great job on a surgery well done Sheri! Were thinking and praying for you and the family everyday!

Nicki & The Vance Crew

Kristie Weddell said...

Yeah, Such great news. I can probably speak for us all, we have been checking on your blog continually waiting to hear good news. I'm glad to here that you are comfortable, sleeping well and eating. We are hoping that your count is down this morning. Keep up the good work. Have a safe trip home. Love, The Weddell's