6/8/09

Good Day and Helpful Friends

I kicked of the first day of summer vacation feeling pretty sick. I got up and was so nauseous, but I forced down half a bowl of cereal. I still hadn't left the table when Logan came out a while later to make french toast. I had a little of that, then went to bed and slept until noon. Then I got up, ate lunch and showered. From then on, I actually felt pretty good. I did some laundry and cleaned a tiny bit. I didn't take another nap today, so hopefully I will sleep well tonight.

We don't have any news from the doctor about treatment yet. When we go back to San Franscisco, we are going to try to schedule an appointment with the radiologist to check these stents. They are still hurting, which is maybe just the way it is with stents.

I also got a call from a dear friend in Washington to tell me she is flying in this weekend. I was worried I wouldn't be a good hostess. I told her I'm pretty boring right now, I only eat and sleep; but she says she is coming to help, not to be entertained. It is so nice of her and I am really looking forward to her visit.

The ladies from my ward at church are going to start bringing meals in every Monday. Ann Hyde is coordinating all of this. She has gotten enough interest from my friends (besides those in my ward) that she will organize friends to bring meals on Thursdays. I told her we don't need it, but she says there are so many people who want to help that it won't be a burden. It is very humbling to have such a caring group of friends who are concerned and willing to help. I feel like saying thank you is hardly enough. The love we have felt during this time has been amazing and such a source of strength to our family. Thank you!!!

5 comments:

Tony and Terry said...

How nice for you that your friend is coming to visit, that will be great to catch up!! Do you have someone to pick her up at the airport?? If you need someone, I will go for you.
You say that Ann Hyde is organizing the meals, would you happen to have her phone number because I would like to be added to the list. If nothing else you know I can make GREAT brownies. Take care and we pray everyday for you.
Tony & Terry

frenchyandcarol said...

shei and family
read your blog about graduation and am so glad you were able to get there if only for a little while, had to make alex very happy. this is one of many blogs i have sent, only two have came thru. i will have to get my grandkids to do it for me. i am sure they are better than i am. i think of you and pray for you everyday. i don't want to be in the way, but i am just down the road, so if you need ANYTHING. just call. we love you.
frenchy and carol

Unknown said...

I hope you get to start treatment soon. Glad to see that you got to go to graduation.
cousin Linda

Sam Hubbard said...

I am so glad you made it to graduation! I was worried about that! When it comes to our kids, you and I are exactly alike!! I am grateful to have the opportunity to feed your family!! I just wish we could do more (like fix you!!) I will keep you on the temple prayer roll! Love, Shelly

DeeDee said...

Sherri
I am so glad you were able to make it to Graduation.We do what we can for our Children. Please know that you are in our prayers daily we love you. Doug and DeeDee