6/13/09

Food and Flowers

There's not much to tell, but here's a little update on my progress. Thursday night, for the first time since my cancer diagnosis, I slept deeply enough to dream. It was nice to be in a deep sleep, and I hoped maybe I wouldn't need a nap on Friday, but not so; I was still tired enough Friday afternoon that I took a little nap.

Milray made a great dinner here, and I ate some and drank some Ensure, adding another whopping 600 calories to my dinner intake. As much as I have tried to avoid it, I was so nauseous that I felt like I might vomit. I have worried about the possibility of vomitting with these stents in me becuase it seems like it would really hurt and common sense tells me I should avoid it if at all possible. However, it wasn't possible and I ended up vomitting. Suprisingly, it didn't hurt as bad as I anticipated, and it may have been helpful because the bile bag from my stomach that never fills had to be drained twice after that. I lost all those calories, and I know I need them, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Today I am enjoying a little outside time watching my friends plant some flowers in pots for my yard. I have a homemade lasagna for my freezer and food for when my kids get home that they brought over. I have the best friends in the world! It's true, everyone is taking such good care of me and I appreciate it so much!

2 comments:

Kristie Weddell said...

Sheri,
First of all, I want to tell you how much I enjoyed our phone conversation the other day. It meant alot that you called. I hope you are letting your friend pamper you. I'm sure you are enjoying her visit. We will keep praying that your count comes down, so you can get the tratment that you need. Also, tell David good job on cleaning the bathroom. Love, The Weddell's

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
Throwing up is the worst thing in the world, with or without stents. You're so tuff. We are getting ready for camp. Just know that it won't be the same without you there. We'll keep and eye on Logan, although she's as tuff as you and won't need it. Keep fighting and we'll keep praying. We love you.
Lyle and Lori