6/18/09

San Francisco - Day 2

Here' s a quick update on my day. I slept well last night, until they came in at 1:00 a.m. to check my vitals, then I went right back to sleep, which was nice. I did way better than David who was on the cot. I told him to go do something today, but he said he has all kinds of time to be out in the fresh air and he wants to be with me in this hospital.

My bili count was at 9 this morning, which is not much of a drop. The left drain is draining well, but the right one isn't draining as much. I am scheduled to have blood work at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow. They will check my bili count and if there is significant improvement (I'm not sure how many points would be considered significant) I think I'll be released to go home. If there is not significant improvement, I have an 8:00 a.m. appointment to get a new drain put in to help get my bili count down.

That's all I have for tonight, and if I don't post tomorrow, it may be because I am recovering from getting a new drain put in. I'll get the information out as soon as I'm able.

3 comments:

Clint and Lori said...

Sheri & David,
We're glad you got some much needed sleep last night. We pray everyday for your bili count to continue to come down and a speedy recovery. Continue to fight and we'll continue praying. We love you guys.
Clint and Lori and Family

frenchyandcarol said...

sheri and david
hope your trip home will be an easy one. i don't know were the hospital you in is in SF. but sometimes its easier to go across the Richmond-San Rafael bridge to hiway 80. i am glad to hear david is staying hospital with you, of course there is nowhere else he would want to be. but you do need an avocate, when you are in hospital. you are always in our prayers. love frenchyandcarol

Unknown said...

Dear Sheri,
James and I are back in Fallon for a few weeks from China and we heard the news. We're praying for you and your family. Please give Logan my best. I use her as an example whenever I talk about great lead-by-example students that I've had the pleasure to teach.
Ou thoughts for healing & strength are with you.
Bridget Rigg-Anderson