6/26/09

Moving Forward

I wish I could say I had a perfect night’s sleep with my new pain patch; but the truth is I spent the night dealing with quite a bit of pain in my left side where the tube is inserted. Every time I moved or got up it sent another wave to remind me it was there. David got up and went to work this morning and I stayed in bed for a while.

Shortly after I decided I had just enough energy to get myself out of bed, my dear friend from Fernley called. I was still in pain and the hard night had made my voice somewhat stressed. She picked right up on that. Without hesitation she jumped in the shower then on the road to get to my side as soon as possible. She played nurse maid tirelessly until 3pm. I know God is watching over me because he has sent me friends such as this.

About noon I started feeling better and ate a good breakfast complete with the required Ensure. I had several visitors throughout the day and felt strong enough to get some more food down in the afternoon. I mixed an Ensure with a supplement David’s Mom found for cancer patients, creating a 600-calorie “power” drink. It wasn’t too bad and seemed to go down pretty well. If I could get three of those concoctions down a day, I would be set!

The call came in from San Francisco. I have a 9:30am appointment on Monday. They feel strongly that the benefits of the additional stent will outweigh the risks of complications. Joe Frey has offered to fly us to Oakland, where a car will be waiting to take me right to the hospital. All I need is a red carpet.

David and I have come to the conclusion that we will hit a wall if we do nothing. Moving forward is our only option. So, we are going to do our part…put our trust in the doctors to do their part…and lean heavily on the Lord to do His part.

5 comments:

Dorothy Stockard said...

Sheri, My thoughts and prayers are with you daily. I know the power of prayer is strong and I also know that you have so many prayers in your behalf daily. If there is anything I can do please let me know. You are one of the most special people I have ever known and I know God is watching over you. Love dorothy

The Youngs said...

Sheri, I rarely post because I never know how to put into words what I want to say. But please know that we think & pray for you and your family daily. I am constantly on your blog looking for updates. You are so strong, and I admire your courage and faith through all of this. I was thinking that if you ever need any yardwork or cleaning done that it would make a great young women service project for my Beehives. Just let me know! Love you & miss seeing you!

-Corinne

Purrell Family said...

Sheri,
Red carpet or not, you are a "Star" to us all! With a lump in our throats we read your updates and admire both your and David's strength. I was hoping to come by and visit, but I wouldn't dare with this summer cold.

Don't forget I owe you a house cleaning??--(I recall being on bedrest about thirteen years ago and a very special person coming over and cleaning my house)--I wasn't sure how to repay you and you said, "Oh, one day you can come over and clean my house". Well my dear friend that day has finally arrived. Let Julie know and I will be right there!!!

We will keep you close at heart and in our prayers on Monday. May you and David have a safe trip.

Love ya!

Vickie and Shawn Purrell

the Corkills said...

I hope the procedure goes well on Monday and that finally something will put you on your way to recovery. I think of you and your whole family everyday and I am so sad for what you are going through. Stay strong and positive.
You are amazing. Have a safe trip!
Love the Corkills

Kristie Weddell said...

Sheri & David,

You two are constantly amazing us with your strength and determination. Sheri, visiting with you the other day was very inspiring,just talking to you made me realize how strong you really are. Just keep thinking about your placque Alex got for you, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. We will be thinking about you guys on Monday. Have a safe trip. Love, The Weddell's