6/23/09

Focusing on Food

Oh boy. Kind of a rough patch. I was sick and had chills for most of the night. I finally fell asleep early this morning. I think I'm just not getting enough calories to fuel this fight.

I called my oncologist to see about the possibility of getting a PIC line to help me get more nutrients. I scheduled an appointment for Thursday, but he was out of the office so I called Dr. Warren’s office in San Francisco. His nurse practitioner told me the line would be a bad idea with too many possible complications. She wants me to just “keep eating”. Ok…that sounds easier than it is. I am trying to consume at least 3 Ensures each day and eating small meals often. Successfully keeping everything down is sketchy at best.

My mom is here helping me today. I’m not quite so sick this evening and will try to eat enough of her meatloaf to get some extra calories in me. I’m hoping for a better night.

5 comments:

the Corkills said...

Every day when I read what you have written I am amazed all over again at your strength and your positive attitude. If that doesn't get you through I don't know what will. Keep it up!
Love, the Corkills

Sheryl Jackson said...

Once again I am so grateful that you are doing this blog so people like me can know what is going on with you -- I am truly humbled by your strength and determination to deal with this big hairy monster and glad that you are able to get out and enjoy the roses! You and your family are in so many thoughts and prayers -- God bless and strengthen you! Love, Sheryl

frenchyandcarol said...

YAHOO,
take it slow, it sounds like you might be able to keep a little food down. that and your bili count are what we are praying for. there is nothing like mom's care, but i am just down the road and will do anything that i can help with. i realize that sometimes it's very hard, but stay as strong as you can. love and prayers,
frenchy and carol

Tony and Terry said...

JESSThere is nothing like Mom's home cooking and God's blessing of beautiful roses. We are glad that you are enjoying both. Take lots of little bites they all add up. You are in our prayers everyday all day.
Tony & Terry

Darrin & Misty Alegre Family said...

Sheri,
Have you tried eating less protein and more carbs? It might help with the nausea. Hoping your bili count is down today.