6/28/09

Comfort

I made it to church today! I went to Sacrament meeting, which goes from 9:00 - 10:10. At about 9:45 I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish the meeting, but I made it and I hope to be able to go again. I really enjoyed the talks; they were really comforting and it felt like every talk was written just for me. I felt strengthened by being at church. The rest of the day was nice, I got a little nap and then had a visitor. We walked to my mother-in-law's house and sat under the tree and enjoyed the breeze.

I am ready to go to San Francisco. I have been having this odd wake-me-up pain in my ribs and I am hoping the doctors can tell what's wrong with that bili tube. It's not really draining and we think it's blocked, which may be what's causing the pain. I feel peaceful and hopeful about this trip. Maybe a little scared, but not really. I know the doctors will do everything they can and I hope it works. If it doesn't, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Thank you all so much for the fasting and prayers. It has been so humbling and comforting to me to have your support. At this point, we are going on hope and prayers. I know we will get through whatever comes our way.

Surgery is at 9:30 Monday morning. As soon as we're able, we'll get something posted about it.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Our lesson in Sunday School today was on the gifts of the Spirit. We talked a lot about the gift of working miracles and I was filled with such gratitude for the knowledge that our God IS a God of miracles. I have been a witness to many and am expecting to witness another tomorrow. Be safe, LIVESTRONG!

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
You'll be in our thoughts all day and we'll be anxious to read your next update. Lots of love your way. XOXO, Lyle & Lori

frenchyandcarol said...

Sheri and David
Our GOD is a God of miracles, we have had three miracles in our family the last year and half. I will pray for God to guide the Doctors hands and minds. i pray for your comfort and peace. Also for David well being. you are always in my heart and prayers.
I know that God will be with you tomorrow. I know you are a fighter, so just keep on fighting.
Love and Happy times
frenchy and carol

The Youngs said...

It was SO nice to see you at church yesterday. You look amazing, Sheri! Our prayers and thoughts are with you today, as always. Love you!

-Corinne

The Oney's said...

Sheri&David, I have been thinking about you all morning..hoping things are going as planned. So glad you are comfortable with going forward with the procedure..you are getting the best care. Keep fighting and again be our own advocate with this battle. You will win!! Have a safe trip home. Love the Oney's

Erwin's said...

I really hope everything goes well Faughts. You have always been one of the most loving and positive families I have ever met. Sheri, My wife and I will continue to pray for you. Keep fighting, because great things happen to sweet people like you.