9/29/09

Preparing to Leave

I am happy to report that I am feeling pretty much the same. Since I am not having significant pain, that is good news. I have been enjoying these days without the intense pain.

Because I am going to San Francisco, I decided not to worry about getting my blood tests done because they will test my blood again when I get there. Instead, I got a good nap this afternoon, which I think was a more efficient use of my time. The trip to San Francisco is really hard on me and it takes me a few days to recover from it. I don't want to start the trip being worn out. I will be glad to have the doctor take a good look at my drains because one of them has been leaking and I will feel better when I get it checked out. David and I will leave on Wednesday afternoon to drive there, and hopefully will be released on Friday if all goes well. I'll update as soon as I'm able.

Thank you for your prayers and kindness. It is heart-warming to see how many people have shown such genuine love and concern for our family during this time. We really appreciate it.

10 comments:

Clint and Lori said...

Sheri,
We're so glad that you've had some good days. Keep it going. Have a safe trip to San Francisco and we look forward to another update. We love you and are keeping you in our daily prayers.
Love,
Clint, Lori, Clinton, and Ashley

Purrell Family said...

Sheri-
Have a safe drive to San Fran. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts:)) I know you have heard this before, but you are such an inspiration. You amaze me...making brownies for your family was wonderful to read about. You bring to light the simple things in life we tend to take for granted.

Love,

The Purrells

Dave Smulyan said...

Sheri,

Hope all goes well in San Francisco. Hopefully you won't be as worn out when you get back as you've been in the past. Perahps the fall colors will have begun as you travel through the Sierras... that would be a nice treat. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers in Oklahoma!

The Oney's said...

Sheri,
We hope your new drains work better and you continue to have good days with no pain. Hopefully you will be back home in a few days
making more brownies & enjoying your family. Perhaps you should consider increasing your pain meds so your trip will be a little more tolerable. Have a safe trip and we look forward to good news when you get back. You and your family are amazing! Love The Oney's

the Corkills said...

Sheri,
Have a safe trip to San Francisco and I am so glad that you have had less pain this week. I hope that you get more good news in San Francisco. Take care,
Love, the Corkills

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
We've praying as well for a quick and uneventful trip over to the Bay area. We are thankful that this week has been less painful for you and has allowed you to enjoy some fun activities with your family. Good luck. XOPXOP, Lori

Unknown said...

Looking forward to good results from your trip to SF. Looks like the weather will be a little chilly. Wrap up good.

Gentle hugs and kisses, Bob and Faye

Sam Hubbard said...

Have a safe trip. You and your family will continue to be in our prayers. The Hubbard's

wordboy said...

Sheri,

Hope San Francisco is treating you well. Tell David to drive safe. :) As always, you're in our thoughts every day and our prayers every night. (BTW, loved the mention of the fall decorations and of course the brownies.)

Love,

Darren & Michael

Carolyn Greene said...

Have a safe trip. looking forward to good news when you get back!