10/3/09

Back Home

The trip to San Francisco was quick at least because they didn't even keep me overnight. I was in a lot of pain, more than I was expecting, which is saying somethign because I was expecting to be in some pain. They tell me the surgery was successful so I hope it shows up in my blood test numbers.

We left on Wednesday, drove there, and went in on Thursday morning. They didn't make new incisions, but they made the one on my left side bigger. Since I've been home I've tried to look at it, but it's a lot bigger than before, so it's not pretty. The doctors released me on Thursday, but I was in so much pain on the drive home that we got a hotel about 30 miles away from the hospital and stayed overnight. The pain wasn't in my back like it usually is when I have to be in the car, it was in the sites of the drains and from the inside where they repositioned the tubes in my liver. We finished our drive and got home Friday. I have been resting and my pain is going down each day, so it isn't excruciating now. The SF doctors say I should have this procedure done very six weeks because things get pretty clogged up inside. They also said I can have this done in Reno, which would be much more convenient.

The outcome of this is that I should drain better and my bili count should go down. That way I should be able to have more chemo. So far, my left side is draining more, but my right side is still not draining. I am resting and recovering today while David takes the kids clothes shopping. I am feeling much better than I was two days ago, so I am hopeful that I will continue to feel better. Thank you for your prayers and concern. It's good to be home.

6 comments:

frenchyandcarol said...

SHERI, WE DO HOPE THAT YOU WILL FEEL BETTER EVERDAY AND THE PAIN WILL LESSEN. I THINK FALL IS IN THE AIR, AND MAYBE EVEN WINTER BY TONITE. GETTING FIRE PLACE READY, WOOD IS SO WARM BUT SO MESSY. BUT IT IS ONLY WAY WE HAVE TO HEAT OUR HOME.YOU ARE ON MY MIND EVERDAY. TAKE CARE, LOVE AND PRAYERS
FRENCHY AND CAROL.

Pinder Pack said...

Sheri: You must be exhausted from that quick trip to SF. Hope the drains do their job so you can have chemo next week. Is there anything that sounds really good to eat to you? I would be happy to cook dinner or make anything that sounds yummy to you. Take care. Love Denice

Heidi said...

I am so glad you're home. I check every day for updates and worry when there's nothing posted. No pressure...just wanting you to know you're always in my thoughts and prayers. Praying that you feel good, energized and able to do the things you want to do! LIVESTRONG!

CherylV said...

Sheri,

So happy you're home! If you only have to travel to Reno for the next surgery, that is wonderful! We are praying for a good, painfree week so that you can move on with your chemo treatment!

We are thinking of you always!
The Venturacci's

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
We're glad you're back home and are praying that this procedure helps with the bili count this week. Tristin and the baby are coming in town for a week or so. Blake comes home in about 2 1/2 weeks so we are feverishly working on some home renovations. We've procrastinated for two years and now we're paying the price: a few late-night-2 a.m. bedtimes. Hope the week brings good news. XOPXOP, Lori

Dave Smulyan said...

Sheri,

So glad you got the good news you won't have to travel back to SF for this procedure AND your pain is going away each day. I am grateful you take the time to write this blog as I'm sure it must be a chore for you at times. You're in our thoughts and prayers in Oklahoma.... y'all.