10/25/09

Back Pain

Things have been pretty uneventful here for the past few days, but yesterday my pain really started to get worse. It was a pretty tough day. The doctor upped my pain medication and it has been better today. I had a nice visit with a friend who rubbed my back while we visited. It helps the back pain, and I thought it felt good enough that I would be able to rest afterward, but when the massage stopped, the pain came back. I did not nap today, and I am hoping I will sleep tonight. Some nights I can sleep, others I am up a lot.

I got my results from my last blood test and my bili count was 13. That is pretty high and Dr. Abrass said that I can't have chemo with a count that high. He also said that there is really nothing he can do for me. The week after next I will go into St. Mary's to have these stents redone. Other than that, I don't have anything medical scheduled.

I have had some delicious food brought in this week, thank you to everyone for such yummy food and for the kindness shown to my family and me.

4 comments:

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
We know it must be hard to post info on your blog when you are dealing with so much pain, but we do appreciate the updates. It has been a little crazy around here lately with preparations for Blake's arrival and Caylee being sick. They are in a pretty good routine now with her diabetes and handling things really well. Caylee is a brave little girl and her parents aren't to shabby either. It is also nice to have Blake back in the states & in our home where we can enjoy him again. He looks really great and I love listening to him speak
spanish. Alex was over with Lauren last night for our little get-together for Blake, and she looked adorable with her new haircut. We were glad for her visit. But thru all of the commotion that was going on around here, we just wanted you to know that you are still on our mind and in our daily prayers. You are a remarkable lady and friend. We pray for the Lord's continued blessings upon you. XOPXOP, Lyle & Lori

Dave Smulyan said...

Sheri,

Nice that you take the time to update your blog. I'm glad to hear that you have ways to get the pain to ease up, just wish it lasted longer without the drugs.

The fall colors are beginning to show themselves, the leaves are becoming spectacular. We should be in full fall foliage in a week or so. If you get the chance visit our tourism website is: www.mccurtaincountygetaways.com. Please know you're in our hearts and prayers.

frenchyandcarol said...

Sheri
I went to Reno yesterday with Debbie and Kelci and a friend of hers, to pick out a gown for Junior Prom. I along just for support. had to sit back and laugh, remembering the times my girls had to have JUST the RIGHT dress and assoreries. in fact i seem to remember saying at one time, just wait until its your turn. but of course i loved it. praying everyday all day for some pain relief. you are an amizing strong women you set a terrific example for all of us. love and many, many, prayers. carol and frenchy

Unknown said...

Glen and Sue enjoyed there little visit with you and David. They headed back to CA just a few minutes ago.

We enjoyed Their visit, it was just a little short. I took Sue over to show her what Sheryl has done on her yard and the retaining wall. Was disappointed that her trees had lost their leaves. They were so pretty the week before.

I enjoyed talking to you Friday, you seemed like you were feeling better than you have before. The pain easing has to make a big difference. Take all the medicine they will let you, so you can enjoy your family more.

We are thinking of you and you are in our prayers.

Gentle Hugs and Kisses, Bob and Faye