10/10/09

A Little Better

Since Wednesday, my pain has gotten a little bit better. I have been able to be up out of bed, which makes a difference for me. Being in bed isn't one bit relaxing or enjoyable when you are in pain and laying there is your only option. I have upped my pain medication, which also helps, and I started using the lydecaine back patches that were prescribed for my back pain a while ago. They were helping, so I was excited to use them. When I took one off, I'd put another right on. I even sat with a heating pad on my back while I was wearing one. Then David was helping me change it and he noticed that my back looked kind of red. When I checked the recommendations on the patches, I remembered they are supposed to be worn for 12 hours on, then 24 hours off. Oops.
I will be in touch with the doctor this week to see if the drains are performing the way they want them to. My right side still isn't draining, which David reminds me may be a good thing if it is draining into my digestive tract like a healthy person's would. We'll see. I did just have surgery last week, so maybe some of this pain is just a normal part of the recovery. I appreciate everyone's kind words and prayers. The support for my family and me is wonderful!

6 comments:

Lyle and Lori said...

Sheri,
Our family has been sort of side-tracked this past week, so I haven't been as diligent is commenting. Little Caylee was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes late Wednesday night, so we have been in and out of hospitals as well. Like you, she is being a real "trooper". I am so glad to read that you are getting some much-needed relief from your pain. You're always in our prayers. XOPXOP, Lyle, Lori Ali & Emily

Unknown said...

What good news to wake up to this Sunday morning! Hope your pain keeps improving.

I hope you feel good enough to sit on your lounge chair on the patio and enjoy this beautiful day.

Our little Landen was in the hospital 3 days with pnumonia, he is fine now. Cheryl sent us a picture of him and his grandad in the hospital. Landen had a big grin on his face(grand dad was holding him) and grandad just looked worried.

Well better get going

Gentle hugs and kisses, Bob and Faye

Dave Smulyan said...

Sheri,

Great news to hear that you're feeling better and found avenues to help i.e. the pain patch. Hope the pain continues to subside and you can get up and enjoy the days. I like David's diagnosis of the drain not draining. Weather in Oklahoma has been wet, wet, and more wet... neighbors and I are talking about building an Ark if the rain keeps up. Brandon and Blaire are very busy with work and "play", and are in great moods since both their football teams won yesterday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. You're in our thoughts and prayers in Oklahoma.

Sam Hubbard said...

Sheri,

We think of you and your family daily. You are in our prayers. We are glad the pain is easing. It sounds like the boys have had a great weekend! I am grateful for your good family!! Shelly

CherylV said...

Sheri,

We are so happy and relieved to hear that the pain is subsiding! I was pleasantly surprised when Allie told me you were doing a little laundry when she was there Friday night. That made me smile because I knew it was a good sign that you must be feeling somewhat better! :O)

As always you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Cheryl, Mark, Allie and Sadie

Mark & Anne said...

Sheri,
Thanks for keeping us updated on your condition. I think it was Spencer W. Kimball who said, "Adversity is the trial of principle, and without it a person hardly knows he is honest or not." Your faith, optimism, and graciousness are real. As an observer many of your sterling qualities have shined through these dark clouds of trouble. We combine our prayers with your many friends that God's tender mercies will continue to envelope you and your family. Love Anne and Mark