10/7/09

Back Pain

I don't know if it is possible to quantify pain, but I think today was my worst day so far with the pain. I have this grabbing pain in my back and side and it was so intense today. I take my pain meds, but they really don't do anything for my back pain. I was up for breakfast for a little bit and I started feeling nauseous and the pain started to get worse and I had to go back to bed. I was down in bed all day long. I tried to get up for lunch, but I really couldn't, so I ate my lunch in my bed. I was able to get up with my mother-in-law's help at about 4:30. Sheryl did all my laundry and I wasn't able to be up with her or do anything. A friend stopped by who rubbed my back, which really helped my back feel better. Overall, it was a really hard day for me. My only hope is that tomorrow will be better.

7 comments:

the Corkills said...

Sheri,
I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. You would think that they could give you something stronger so you could get a little relief. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Love, the Corkills

Purrell Family said...

Sheri-
I will come over and rub your back and I know many others would too if that helps bring you comfort. We will pray for your pain to ease, so sorry it is bringing you so much discomfort.

You are in our thoughts daily:)))

Vickie & Family

Shorthair puppies said...

Dear Sheri,
So much lately, you have been on my heart. I just want you to know that you are in my prayers, daily. I wish I could do more and even take that pain away, but my prayers are what I can do and I will do that diligently.
Sincerely,
Deb Clifford

frenchyandcarol said...

Sheri, if all of us could take some of your pain, so you would have less we all would this. we are all praying very hard to lessen your pain. what powerful strength you have. tell sheryl if she needs any help i am just down the road and would be happy to do anything. love and many prayers frenchy and carol.

The Oney's said...

Sheri, you have so many friends willing and wanting to help you and your family. It is so frustrating that we can't do what is needed right now...take away your darn pain and discomfort. I'm sad that you are having a bad week. Know that we are always thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon. Dr. Griffith sends his thoughts and prayers. Love, the Oneys

Dave Smulyan said...

Sheri,

I hope today (Thursday) has been better for you. It's refreshing to know you have friends and family to stop by and help. Please know you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Hey Sheri,

I REALLY wish there was something we could do to ease your pain. We continue to pray for pain relief and healing.

Kenady has magic hands and would love to come rub your back! You know how some people have a gift...she can rub a back like no other!

You are in our thoughts and prayers, daily.

With Love and Blessings,
The Howard Family