10/17/09

Draining

Today has been a really bad day for my pain. It's strange how it had been getting a little better each day and then take such a turn for the worse today. It is so bad in my back and abdomen. It cramps up so that I can hardly move. I am doing what I can to manage the pain, but I know this is part of the progression of this disease.

On a brighter note, last night I looked down and noticed one of my bile bags was filling up and then I realized it was my right bili bag that hasn't drained for almost 3 weeks! This is the one I am supposed to get fixed on Monday. I had to empty it three times last night, so I don't think anything is wrong with it now. That is good news, but now the top one has stopped draining. Given this turn of events, I'm not sure what will happen with my appointment on Monday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well let's hope for the best, that the doctor will say you don't need to go thru the proceedure again. Maybe now that you have drained so much it will relieve some of the pain.

Hope you did get to enjoy some of the beautiful sky this afternoon. So pretty and blue with the white fluffy clouds.

Thinking of you often through out the days. Gentle hugs and kisses, Bob and Faye

Clint and Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clint and Lori said...

Sheri,
Clint and I are praying that your pain will go back down. Glad to hear that the right tube has decided to drain.
If I remember right, when you flew to San Fran you had less pain coming home. So maybe traveling to Reno for the surgery will help with the recovery.
Clint and Clinton are hunting in Utah with Steve, Steven, Alan, and Larry. Clint asked me to let you know that you and David are in his thoughts and prayers
We all Pray for a speedy recovery from whatever they do on Monday.
Love,
Clint, Lori, Clinton, and Ashley