10/31/09

Saturday

Things are a lot the same for me as far as my pain goes; I still have the same bad back pain. A few months ago, someone gave me a walker with four wheels. I put it away thinking I would never need something like that. Well, the day has arrived that using it actually helps me get around a little easier. I am trying to use it go just walk around the house because I know I need the movement for my legs and back. David got me some gel pads that I am going to try to ease some of my back pain. I think it will give me a little more cushioning. I'm not sure how they'll work, but I'm going to try them out.

I am scheduled to go in this Thursday to St. Marys for another round of surgery. I am supposed to get my blood tests done sometime before then, so that it what the upcoming week looks like for me. Thank you all for the kind thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Lyle and Lori said...

SherI,
We are all for you trying to find anything to relieve your pain and discomfort. Us here, are all on a "sugar high" following our trick-or-treating adventure. We always just drive around to our family and neighbors. This year we had to make a pit-stop for an insulin shot and potty break at Jeff and Di's. Only Emily, Caylee & Lane went trick-or-treating. Lyle and I went along because next year we'll miss it all since they will be transferred somewhere else. Ali stayed home to pass out treats. She said we only had 3 groups stop by. It gets less and less each year. Blake & his "friend" Courtney passed out treats in town at Kyle and Corinne's. He said it was kids: non-stop. Corinne thought she bought over 500 pieces of candy. We hoped you enjoyed the long weekend with your kids home from school. We continure to pray for you and your family. XOPXOP, Lyle & Lori

Unknown said...

I guess all you can do with that pain is keep trying different things until you find what works for you. The gel pads sound good.

We don't get any trick or treaters here. Spent most of the day in Reno, looking for a little kids wheel barrow for Landen for Christmas. I guess spring is the time to look for a wheel barrow. I think I will get on line and see what I can find.

Keep hanging in there.

Gentle hugs and kisses, Bob and Faye