9/14/09

Sleeping Through The Pain

I wish I had better news to report because there are so many kind people who are concerned about me. My pain at least as bad and I really think it is worse today. I have been sleeping a lot because it is the best way I know of to deal with the pain. I don't even need sleeping pills, I am just able to sleep and when I do, I don't think about the pain. When I am awake my whole back and side just burns with pain. I am also having a really dry mouth, which may be partly because I'm not drinking enough. Even though I have a glass of water on my nightstand, it is hard to reach it because of the pain. My mother-in-law has been over all day today. That helps out a lot. She made a nice ham and scalloped potatoes dinner and I am planning to enjoy it with my family. I am trying to eat, but again, I have no appetite.

I will be talking to the doctor in a few days. I am supposed to have blood work on Wednesday, but that will depend on my pain level. The doctor hopes I can have chemo again on Thursday, which seems really optimistic to me. I will feel pretty good if I am able to have my lab work on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Purrell Family said...

Sheri-
If sleep is what helps you cope and get through the pain...then sleep! They say when your body is healing, it needs rest. I wish we could do more for you.
Maybe use a sports bottle, that keeps the water a little chilled right by you, that way you don't have to reach for it...just an idea.

We will continue to pray for you and hope your pain decreases:))

Love,

The Purrells

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sheri~
Sleep, sleep, sleep. Listen to your body. Sleep, rest, eat and enjoy the small things each day.
You are constantly in my prayers. I will continue to pray for relief, comfort and strength for you.
Love and Blessings,
Tracy

Sam Hubbard said...

I made egg salad for lunch and thought of you. I didn't have any cheetohs though. You are daily in our thoughts and prayers. Shelly

the Corkills said...

I wish that you could have at least one day free of pain. If sleep takes the pain away then that is what your body needs. I hope tomorrow brings some relief for you and I hope you got to enjoy that nice dinner that your mother-in-law made.
Love, the Corkills