9/8/09

Back Pain

Today was really just more of the same. My pain is getting worse. It is a burning pain that goes from my mid - upper back down to my tailbone. I called into the doctor, but I never heard back from him. So I increased my pain medication on my own, but kept it still within the limits prescribed by the doctor. I'm just not taking the upper limit because I hate to take so much medication. It helped with the pain in my stomach, but it really didn't seem to do much for my back pain. My swelling is about the same today. I had a some friends bring a delicious lunch and I got a chance to visit for a little while. I also took a nap this afternoon. The nap was especially nice because not only do I need the rest, but it is the only relief I get from the pain. Tomorrow I hope to talk to the doctor about this pain.

5 comments:

Lyle and Lori said...

Hey Sheri,
We're back from our quick trip down to Vegas. It was good to see the kids and hold the grandbaby again. She's growing. Now it's back to the routine of chopping hay & corn & sedan & and more hay and more corn. I think you get the drift. I'm sorry to hear about the pain. Be persistent in calling your doctor to make sure you are getting the best meds for it. Maybe ask your home-health nurse to call and she can make things happen a little quicker. We love you. Always in our prayers. XOPXOP, Lori

Rhonda said...

Hello Sheri,
I am so glad that you keep us up to date on the blog. Knowing you are so tired and in pain, we don't want to come over but really think of you so often and want to know how you are doing. I am sorry we are going to miss having lunch with you today but hope that you get rest and some pain relief. We pray for you always. Lots of love Rhonda and family

Anonymous said...

Sheri~
I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I agree with Lori--keep after your doctor and enlist the help of your home health nurse. Call on your friends and family for whatever you need. We are here and would love to help in any way. More prayers your way.
Love and Blessings,
Tracy

Unknown said...

Sheri,
It was great to see you, David and Hadley, yesterday..your home is beautiful. Your strength continues to amaze me. Morgan was in aaw seeing David's PDL Check, and saddle, too!!!
I hope you were able to eat something last night, those enchiladas are my family's fave!
We continue to pray for you and your entire family.
With Love and Blessings,
The Howard Family

Mark & Anne said...

Hi Sheri,

Hadley did a nice job today. Logan was a very good girl and paid attention during church.

All of your friends would gladly take some of your pain if we could.

May God continue to bless you and carry you over these toughest of terrains. We love you. Mark & Anne