9/5/09

Still Tired

I was Rip Van Winkle today, sleeping most of the day away. It is hard to be so sleepy all the time, I am missing so much! I feel like I have no choice but to sleep. Being down helps my swelling, so my feet and legs feel better today. When I am up they swell all the way up to my knees. I have a dull ache in my side, but it is tolerable. I am sticking to my schedule of pain meds.

My Home health nurse came on Friday and helped me with my bandages. I had questions about the swelling which she was able to answer. The fluid that causes all this swelling is just part of my liver not functioning. I don't think it will get better; I actually expect it to get worse.

I got to see Alex briefly on Friday, which was good. She went to the football game on Friday night, as did my other kids. They enjoyed the game and it was good to hear about a Greenwave win!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri~
You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Listen to your body and sleep as much as you can. Give the kids a squeeze from me. Please let me know if you need anything.
Love and blessings,
Tracy

Unknown said...

Sometimes I think Rip Van Winkle had the right idea! I agree with Tracy we need to listen to what our bodies tell us. There is no one that knows it like we do.

I have been thinking that a turkey with all the fixings sounds good. What do you think? I could whip on up one in a jiffy (well not that quick) Call me or tell Sheryl.

Gentle hugs and kisses, Bob and Faye

Unknown said...

Hi Sheri,
A friend just unblocked your website for us - I hadn't been able to get on since we left the states in mid-July.
I finished reading your blogs - the highs and the lows. Sleep sounds like a good thing although it's not all you want to do right now. But have pleasant dreams and know that your friends near and far are praying for you!
Bridget