5/12/09

Tuesday's update

Today David and I went to Reno for a bile duct test at 10:30. Once we got there, we were moved back to 3:30, so we had some time to fill while we waited. The test was an MRI, and it was not the worst test I've had, but I didn't like the whole narrow tube thing - I felt a little clasutrophobic. We have to go back Thursday to get the results of this test. Tomorrow is a day of rest for me, which I need. I hate to waste a day in finding out what's going on, but I could use the rest.

This whole thing is a huge emotional roller coaster. Some days I feel really good, like I am going to beat the odds and be cured; other days I am wondering if I will dance with my son at his wedding. Any little pain makes me wonder what the cancer is doing and if we're following the right course of action in finding it. I am still hoping to get into a cancer center, so hopefully that will work out for me.

I really don't like feeling helpless, but I so appreciate everyone's help!! Some women from church came yesterday to clean my house. I have had great meals brought in and so many people helping with what my kids need. I know there are many of you praying for me. It is so kind and I appreciate it so much.

4 comments:

The Draper Family said...

Sheri, we are praying fervently for your healing. You and your family are loved by so many. Rest your weary body and fight this nasty disease with all of your might. We love you, the Drapers

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Sheri you are constantly in our prayers. You are a figther and we believe in your strength and will.

Heidi said...

Sheri, I just learned the news today. My heart goes out to you and your family. You all will be continually in my prayers. Be tough...you can beat this! I know you can!

Jonas said...

Sheri Word travels fast when someone as loved as you is in time of distress. Loreen and I send our thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Sheri, you will beat this. I just can't stop thinking that it might have something to do with the chocolate chip cookie recipe. HE HE!! Get well soon, or I might have to whip up some of my Jewish health concoctions. Believe me, they can make an MRI seem like a cake walk. I'll stay informed and in touch. your friend, Jonas