5/22/09

Eating, Walking, and (maybe) Going Home

Things continue to go well here. My biliruben count has not changed much today, but I've been able to eat my first solid food in more than a week. I have been out walking the halls and they are weaning me off the IV meds. If I can eat solid food, get around, and take oral medication, they say I'm good to go home! I'll have the drains in, but the IV's out. If all continues to go well, I'll go home tomorrow. I just had meds and I'm going to sleep - but wanted to share a quick update.

4 comments:

Will S. said...

Way to go Sheri and keep up the good work! I hope tomorrow brings you more good news and that you get to go home and be with your family. Take care,

Debbie

Norlene Adams said...

Sheri - I check on your blog several times a day to see if there is any news about your progress. You are amazing because you keep on "keeping on" no matter the situation!!! I'm convinced that prayers are being sent up in your behalf 24 hours a day. Prayers are the one thing we can all do to help. We hope you get home tomorrow because THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME, but we hope you will be receiving home health care for whatever you need as you gear up to fight this with treatment. Thanks to Julie for keeping up this blog...we appreciate you!
Love,
Norlene and John

Sam Hubbard said...

Hooray!! That's all I have to say! But don't think come Monday you need to clean your house!! Shelly

vfowler said...

Sheri - You are amazing!!! Stay strong and keep fighting. You can beat this. We will keep the prayers coming.
The Fowler's