5/21/09

Answer to Prayers

Now that the pancreatitis is gone, my next medical concern is my biliruben count. I have been really praying specifically for my count to come down so that I can start treatment. The doctor came in this morning, very surprised and happy to report that my count was down from 8.9 to 7. This was unexpected by everyone who wasn't praying for it. I believe this is a direct answer to our prayers. The doctor thought I had plateaued at 8.9 and still thinks it won't go down any more. The ideal count is a 2. I'm still praying for my count to go down and I appreciate all of you who are joining me in this - it's working!

I did have a little leakage on the outside of my right stent. Actually, it was more that just a little. We changed the dressing and then it continued to leak, even soaking a washcloth. The medical staff is not as concerned about this problem as I am, so maybe it's not such a big problem after all. But of course, they are not the ones leaking fluid from an incision. I can tell you with my bloated Grinch belly and my stent incisions, I am so ready for bikini season!

My sister Shelly came by tonight and said I needed to get out of bed. I got up and walked the halls with her for a bit. Even Shelly was surprised by my speedy pace. Of course, it's not like my brisk morning walks used to be, but everything's relative. It was good to get up and walk.

I can't say it enough - Thank you for your comments, your support, and your prayers. It is making a difference for me!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheri!
Your count is down...That is so awesome...prayer is a remarkable thing. We continue to pray for you daily and will do so until you are healed.
Be Blessed,
The Howard Family

Heidi said...

I'm glad to know what we are specifically praying for...I think specific prayers are the most effective. I am also praying specifically that you will beat this and live for many more happy and memory-filled years. btw...Dr. Abrass is one of the best...his partner, Dr. Conrath, cured my mom the first go-around. We sure like those guys a lot.

Lori said...

Sheri,
We are all thinking of and praying for you and your family. I left a message on your machine but thought your family might all be with you. Tell David that Joe and the boys can irrigate and put up your hay if you need them. Or if you have someone let us know who and we will see if we can help them.
Our prayers are with all of you.
The Gomes Family

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Oh Sheri, it is so great to see your fighting spirit shine through all these obstacles. You are successfully conquering them one by one :) We love you and you are in our individual and family prayers.

sherrie jones said...

Hi Sheri,
I am so sorry to hear of your illness. I just want you to know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers daily. I know you will make it through this. I am so glad to hear your numbers are down. I truly believe that positive thinking will help you get through this. It really helped me when I went through my cancer.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery,
Sherrie Jones & family

Hanna said...

Yah! Prayers do work, and we will all keep praying! I love your sense of humor. We all miss you and hope you can come home soon!

Dorothy Stockard said...

Sheri, You are such a wonderful friend and mother. My prayers are with you and I know that prayer does work. You have so many people who are praying for you. Keep the faith and hopefully all our prayers will be answered. Love Dorothy

Rhonda said...

wonderful news, thanks for sharing. We will add the specific lower Bilirubin to our pray. We pray for the miracle of complete healing and will continue to do so. Your Spirit is awesome. Lots of love. Rhonda