5/16/09

Hospital Stay

It is Saturday night and I am in St. Mary's hospital tonight, for I'm not sure how long. I got the stent in on Friday and went home, but I started feeling really sick and vomiting. When I called the doctor, he said to come in to the ER, so David and I went back to the hospital this morning. After another CT scan, they said my pancreas is full of bile and now I have pancreatitis, which is imflammation of the pancreas. They said the stent was placed correctly, but it can happen from all the probing around to get it placed.

So now, the most pressing medical concern for me is to get my pancreas cleaned up from this infection. After that, the next thing that needs to happen is to drain the bile. If you want to know this disgusting fact, so far, they have drained three bags of bile out of me, so at least that's progress. Plus the doctor said I'm looking better, which I think means I'm not so yellow. After those two medical concerns are taken care of, then the doctor says I can start chemo.

10 comments:

The Oney's said...

Hi Sheri, Sorry to hear you had to go back to the hospital. I was hoping your stent placement was going to be easier for you! Sounds like the stents are working well. We hope you get out soon and get started with treatment. Stay STRONG, you are in our thoughts daily. Love the Oneys

Unknown said...

Sheri

We hope that you will get to feeling better and that you will get out of the hostpital soon.

Love the Venturacci family

Hanna said...

Hey Sheri,
We're thinking of you and praying for you! Hope you can come home soon. Please call if you need anything!

Love,
Hanna and family

DeeDee said...

Hi Sheri, I just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers daily. The Power of Prayer is strong. Know that you are loved by many.
Love
Doug and DeeDee Johnson

Sam Hubbard said...

Sheri,
I was hoping to hear better news than a hospital stay!! You are in our thoughts and prayers!! love the Hubbard's

Sheryl Jackson said...

Hello Sheri, thank you so much for sharing what is going on with you and how you are feeling about it, there are many of us out here praying and thinking of you so nice to be able to keep up on what is happening without driving you crazy with phone calls! You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers -- I'm going for the whole enchilada, that you will make it through this tough time and that your health will be restored, and yes, that you will dance with your son at his wedding. I have faith in you and Heavenly Father! Love you girl! Sheryl

vfowler said...

Sheri,
Stay strong! Our thoughts and prayers are with you every single day.

The Fowler's

vfowler said...

Sheri,
Stay strong. Our thoughts and prayers are with you every day.
The Fowler's

Kristie Weddell said...

Hey Sheri, I finaly figured this dang thing out, but im still gonna call. Like I said on the phone your in our prayers, and if there is anything I can do to help out or anything you need let us know. Stay Strong we know you can beat this! Love The Weddells

frenchyandcarol said...

Sheri,David and all the Family
You are in our thoughts and prayers EVERYDAY. You are a very strong lady. Sheri there are lots and lots of prayer going up for you.The power of prayer is very, very, strong. I found out myself in March. Take one day at a time. We are all with you.Lots and Lots of hugs and GOOD WISHES. Love
Frenchy and Carol